Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Follow us on Twitter

Friday, August 7, 2009

Met her online. Need halp with planning a visit


Share/Save/Bookmark

To make it short, we met on World of Warcraft, started talking to eachother on MSN, and the relationship just took off from there.

I'm 18, she's 16. Anything wrong with that? She's very mature for her age. Around

the 5th month of us being together, we talked about meeting sometime. We both liked the idea, but since she's 16, she can't fly anywhere without her parents being alright with it, and they definitely wouldn't let her fly somewhere by herself. She wouldn't be able to afford it either. So, we settled on meeting on New Years of 2008-2009. The plan was that I was going to drive/take a bus down to her and spend New Years together. Obviously that didn't happen. I was 17 when I told my parents about her and what our plans were; they were against it, like always. "Blahblahblah you'll drive off the road into a pond or into a tree. You'll have to change a flat that you'll get in the middle of a deserted road at night and get shot and mugged. Blahblahblah you'll drive off a mountain."

I looked at the entire trip on my GPS, there were no mountains. I'd be on the highway or very public rest stops for the vast majority of the trip. My car isn't technically "mine", I paid a few thousand and my parents paid the rest, so it's in their name. So, I'll be taking a bus. I emailed her parents and told them about us, how we met, our plans to visit, etc etc. I asked if they'd be fine if I visited. They responded and basically said alright, but I'll be "strictly supervised." I'm perfectly fine with that, to be honest, if I had a kid I doubt I'd even let someone from so far away come and visit at all. All I'm expecting from the visit is to meet her and the parents.

I've been emailing her mother back and forth, I've developed a pretty good relationship with her. I asked if I could mail a few gifts for Christmas to her daughter, (aka my gf), she said sure, so I sent her a hoodie and some other miscellaneous jewelery and other things. She really liked everything, and I scored some "points" with her mother. Score.

The problem is that, unfortunately, I'm still living with my parents. They are extremely against me visiting. They somehow got the email address of my gf's mother, and emailed her in early December. That was pretty much what screwed over me visiting on New Years. I haven't heard from her mother yet about when she'd be alright with me visiting; we HAD planned on New Years. Our first year anniversary is coming up on March 9th, and it really would mean a lot to both of us if we could somehow meet then.

I emailed her mother and told her I'd like to talk to her on the phone sometime so we can figure this all out. That was two weeks ago that I sent the email, and she hasn't responded yet, and I doubt she will respond. I really would prefer to not email her again until she responds, I'd feel as if I'm sounding too "pushy", or something.

What should I do about this? March is approaching quickly, January is almost over. If we don't meet in March, we'd most likely have to wait til the summer, and we've waited for almost a year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dating single » singles dating » asian dating » christian dating » dating » dating site | Copyright 2009 - Designed by shailesh